1. Cook tortellini according to directions listed on package.
2. Meanwhile, in a large deep skillet or saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds. Then add flour and onion powder and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
3. While whisking, slowly pour in milk and cream. Whisk until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to simmer. Then add tomatoes and spinach and salt and pepper to taste. Cook several minutes longer until sauce has thickened and spinach has wilted. Add parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
4. toss prepared and drained tortellini into sauce mixture (note that as the pasta rests, the sauce will seem thicker and it will sort of soak into the noodles. So if you won't be serving it for ten minutes or so, you can stir in some pasta water, milk or cream to thin it out a little).
5. Serve warm with additional parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (223g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 125 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.9g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.5g||42 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 43.1mg||13 %|
|Sodium 1105mg||38 %|
|Potassium 389.8mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.4g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 15g|
|Protein 4.1g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 199
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!