1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion and garlic.
2. Cook gently for 2 minutes until soft but not going brown.
3. Add the rice and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Add a small amount of the passata, stirring continuously until absorbed. Continue to do this until all the passata has been used.
5. Stir in the chopped tomato. Add the stock in the same way as the passata. You may not necesarily need all of the stock.
6. The rice should take around 20-30 minutes to cook.
7. When the rice is cooked, remove from the heat and stir the cream cheese into it.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
You could always try adding fresh chopped tomato instead of tinned. Or some fresh chopped basil to give it extra flavour.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (308g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 120 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.3g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.4g||37 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 41.2mg||13 %|
|Sodium 594.6mg||21 %|
|Potassium 228.3mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 70.2g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 66.8g|
|Protein 8.1g||12 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 436
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!