Simple recipe that is so satisfying. This recipe is not over spiced- the mild flavor really allows the squash to shine. The secret is to microwave the hard squash for 5 minutes in the microwave oven to soften the skin. Then cut the squash into 4 sections for quicker cooking.
1. Wash the outside of the squash or pumpkin. Pierce is several times with the point of a knife or fork.
2. Cook in a microwave oven on high for 5 minutes or until the skin seems to have softened. Allow to cool until you can handle it, then cut into quarters= remove seeds
3. Bake squash for 45 minutes or until the squash is tender and you can scoop the flesh out of the skin
4. In 3 quart sauce pan cook the onions on low heat until they are translucent. Do Not Brown
5. Add celery and carrots and the flesh of the squash, ginger. Add 1 teaspoon of salt.
6. Pour stock over vegetables - bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer
7. Cook until the vegetables are very tender. Then add cardamom. Taste and correct season.
8. Add water if necessary to keep overs - ADD salt and pepper - or use a couple of shakes of hot sauce.
9 Allow to cool then puree in your blender or immersion blender.
10. Reheat soup to almost boiling- about 165
11. Pour half and half and still into soup. Taste- adjust seasoning
Important not to add cream, or any dairy product until you are ready to serve . If you are reheating single servings or just a few- reheat in the bowls and add cream, then heat another 30 seconds.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (295g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 59 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.6g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.1g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 14.9mg||5 %|
|Sodium 90.5mg||3 %|
|Potassium 357.9mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 8.4g|
|Protein 2.1g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 108
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!