1. Combine the water and 1 tsp. of sugar in a large bowl. Add the yeast and stir until dissolved. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes.
2. Add egg, milk, sugar, and salt and stir until combined.
3. Once those are mixed together, stir in melted butter.
4. Next mix in the all-purpose flour and cornstarch until lumps disappear. Cover and store the batter in your refrigerator overnight.
5. In the morning, use the batter to prepare your waffles based on your iron's instructions. If your iron has the option, make sure to choose the "slow-cook" or "uniform-texture" mode.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (193g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 246 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 27.3g||36 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.1g||80 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.8g|
|Cholesterol 117.1mg||36 %|
|Sodium 694.2mg||24 %|
|Potassium 896.9mg||24 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 69.6g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 16.5g||66 %|
|Sugars, other 53.1g|
|Protein 13.7g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 532
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.