1. Mince anchovies and garlic and mix with a large pinch of salt until you get a rough paste. Put it in bowl and whisk in the lemon zest, juice and another pinch of salt and some pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
2. Place eggs in one shallow dish, bread crumbs in another, and flour mixed with cayenne and nutmeg in a third. Season chicken cutlets generously with salt and pepper.
3. Heat 1/8 inch oil in a large skillet. While oil heats, dip cutlets one by one first into flour (shake off any excess), then into eggs (ditto) and finally into the bread crumbs, taking care not to handle chicken more than necessary (hold meat by ends).
4. When oil sizzles when a pinch of bread crumbs is thrown in, add a chicken cutlet (or two if your skillet is large, leave plenty of room around them). Swirl pan so oil cascades over top of cutlet in waves. When bottom is golden brown, about 3 minutes, flip and brown the other side, swirling pan (swirling helps create air pockets, giving you lighter schnitzel). Transfer to a paper-towel-lined baking platter or baking tray and sprinkle with more salt. Repeat with remaining chicken.
5. Toss salad greens and herbs with just enough anchovy-lemon dressing to lightly coat them. Divide salad on serving plates and top with schnitzel. Drizzle with more dressing and garnish with scallions.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (754g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3|
|Calories from Fat: 779 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 86.5g||115 %|
|Saturated Fat 20.2g||101 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 43.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 15.7g|
|Cholesterol 890.5mg||274 %|
|Sodium 2493.1mg||86 %|
|Potassium 1435.9mg||38 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 106.3g||31 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9.5g||38 %|
|Sugars, other 96.8g|
|Protein 91.2g||130 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1567
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.