've always enjoyed lentils and when I came across the chance to incorporate them into Thai cooking I accepted the challenge head on. I'm very happy with the result and once you prepare these lentils I'm sure you'll agree that they are bursting with flavour but still remind you of Thai food. The green lentil rice can easily be made as a side dish and served with anything you'd like as a tasty addition to your meal.
1. Heat a small pan and fry red curry paste briefly until the aromas begin to be released
2. Add the salt, sugar and coconut milk
3. Bring the sauce to a rapid boil and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly and resembles heavy cream
4. Remove from heat and set aside
5. Sprinkle mushrooms and zucchini with a pinch of salt and fresh cracked black pepper
6. Heat oil in frying pan, fry until vegetables are just browned and remove from heat
7. In a food processor or blender combine spinach, green curry paste and 1/4 cup of coconut milk
8. Blend on high until it's a smooth green mixture
9. Combine the hot precooked lentils, hot precooked rice and the spinach mixture
10. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar and gently mix together. Add more salt in tiny amounts until the flavours burst in your mouth. Every curry paste has different amounts of salt and the right amount of salt and sugar are key factors in making this dish taste wondeful.
11. Cover and keep warm
12. Preheat a large frying pan with 1 cup of oil. Cut the fish in medium sized pieces, dredge with flour and fry until golden brown on one side, flip and repeat on the other side.
13. Reheat any of the ingredient that may have cooled off and assemble your masterpiece
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (784g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Recipe|
|Calories from Fat: 1037 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 115.2g||154 %|
|Saturated Fat 60.6g||303 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 17.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 30.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 916.7mg||32 %|
|Potassium 812.6mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 226.7g||67 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 223.7g|
|Protein 12.6g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1930
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!