- Combine Chicken, buttermilk and salt in a ziplock bag for at least 30 min (up to 2 hours)
- In a sucepan combine hotsauce, water, sugar,butter and 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- wisk over med heat untill thickened about 5 min
- in a shallow dish wisk egg whites untill foamy
- In another dish combine flour, baking soda, remaining cornstarch and 6 T. hotsauce mixture, mix till resembles wet sand
- Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry
- Heat Oil in dutch oven to 350?
- Toss half with egg whites, then dredge in cornstarch mixture, pressing to adhear
- Transfer them to a plate and repeat with remaining chicken
- Fry 1/2 of the battered chicken about 4 min, till dark golden making sure to flip 1/2 way threw cooking
- Transfer to a towel-lined plate
- Return oil to 350? and fry remaining chicken
- In a large bowl combine warm hotsauce and chicken toss to coat
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (498g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1341 (85%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 148.9g||199 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.8g||64 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 92.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 41.2g|
|Cholesterol 8.9mg||3 %|
|Sodium 1387.9mg||48 %|
|Potassium 202.2mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 58.6g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 57.2g|
|Protein 7.1g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1585
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!