These crispy smashed potatoes aren’t just for meals, in fact, they’re the perfect appetizer because the potatoes can be cooked ahead of time then smashed and roasted just before serving. They’re even addictingly delicious served at room temperature. Serve the garlic-herb oil on the side for some serious dipping, or drizzle over the top and sprinkle with red pepper flakes or flaked sea salt and watch your guests go wild.
1. Preheat oven to 450?.
2. Add 1 cup water to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add metal rack/trivet or a steaming basket and add potatoes on top. Potatoes may also be boiled on the stovetop until tender and easily pierced with a fork.
3. Secure lid and cook for 15-17 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. Remove potatoes from Instant Pot. Lightly pat them dry using a clean kitchen towel or paper towel and transfer to a large parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.
5. Toss hot potatoes with ghee, oil, garlic powder, and onion powder.
6. Use a glass with a flat bottom (an old-fashioned or low-ball glass works well), gently press down on potatoes to flatten them to about ½-inch thick.
7. Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper and bake 28-30 minutes or until lightly golden brown on the underside and crisp on the edges.
8. While the potatoes are baking, combine garlic-herb oil ingredients in a small food processor or a personal sized blender and blend until smooth.
9. Drizzle potatoes with garlic-herb oil just before serving or serve on the side for dipping.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (59g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 38 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.2g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 8mg||0 %|
|Potassium 261.5mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 6.9g|
|Protein 1.2g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 72
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!