1. In a large zip top bag or bowl that will accommodate the chicken, combine the water, kosher salt and sugar to make a brine.
2. Mix until salt and sugar are dissolved.
3. Remove skin from chicken and trim of any excess fat or membrane.
4. Place chicken in brine and allow to soak for 4-6 hours. (This step is not crucial but it does make the chicken much mor tender, juicy and tasty!)
5. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine butter, black pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, paprika, cayenne, hot sauce and garlic. Cook until butter is foamy. Remove fro heat and reserve.
6. Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment for easy clean-up.
7. Place a metal baking rack or cooling rack on the lined sheet pan. This will allow the chicken to get extra crispy on the bottom too.
8. Pour panko crumbs into a shallow dish for coating the chicken.
9. Preheat oven to 424 degrees.
10. Drain chicken well and paat with paper towels to remove excess water.
11. Using tongs, first dip the chicken in butter mixture, then in panko crumbs, pressing the crumbs to the chicken.
12. Place chicken on rack, working carefully so the panko doesn't fall off.
13. Bake chicken for 35-45 minutes or until juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches at least 165.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (221g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 152 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.8g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 40.5mg||12 %|
|Sodium 14967.7mg||516 %|
|Potassium 527.4mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.9g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 32.5g|
|Protein 12g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 333
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.