1. Place potatoes in a large boil; add cold water to cover. Let stand for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 425-degrees. Spray a nonstick baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Drain potatoes in a colander. Spread on a double layer of paper towels. Cover with a second layer of paper towels. ress down on the towels to dry potatoes.
4. Transfer potatoes to a clean, large bowl. Sprinkle with oil, pepper, and salt; toss gently to combine. Arrange seasoned potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake potatoes for 20 minutes. Using a spatula, turn potatoes; sprinkle with garlic. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes, turning baking sheet after 10 minutes for even browning. Serve immediately with ketchup on the side.
Variation: For a sweeter flavor, use sweet potatoes instead of the russet potatoes. Proceed as directed in steps 1, 2, and 3. Add 1/2 teaspoon of paprika when tossin potatoe with spices in Step 4. Bake as directed in Step 5.
Crinkle cut fries are especially crispy. Use a ripple-edged cutter to cut potatoes into 1/4-inch thick slices. Then cut crosswise into fries. Proceed as directed.
For a healthy dip instead of ketchup, try a ready-made salsa or plain nonfat yogurt mixed with fresh herbs.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (228g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 22 (11%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.5g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 136.4mg||5 %|
|Potassium 941.2mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 42g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 39.1g|
|Protein 4.9g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 202
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!