1. MAKE THE HORSERADISH CREAM: In a bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish, Worcestershire, Tabasco, salt and pepper. Store in the refrigerator for up to five days.
2. MAKE THE POTATOES: In a medium saucepan, combine the potatoes, kosher salt and 4 cups (960ml) water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook until the potatoes are cooked through but still firm, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain the potatoes and put them in the refrigerator to cool.
3. Cut the potatoes into 1-inch bite-size pieces. Using the palm of your hand, gently press the potatoes to flatten them.
4. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until very hot. Add the potatoes and arrange them in a single layer. Cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Flip them over and continue to cook for another 5 minutes, occasionally shaking the pan. You are looking for an even golden-brown color on both sides.
5. Pour out the excess oil and add the butter to the pan. When the butter is melted, remove the pan from the heat. Add the cheese, parsley, chives, lemon zest, smoked paprika and pepper, and toss to coat the potatoes in the still-warm pan so that the cheese starts to melt. Sprinkle the potatoes with the sea salt. Serve immediately with a big fat dollop of horseradish cream.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (236g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 202 (80%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22.4g||30 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.9g||25 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.4g|
|Cholesterol 18.6mg||6 %|
|Sodium 2566.6mg||89 %|
|Potassium 285.5mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.7g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 9.2g|
|Protein 3.4g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 254
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!