1. Heat olive oil in skillet until it is very hot.
2. Rub roast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to season.
3. Next, rub the roast with the flour in order to help thicken the gravy while it cooks.
4. Using the skillet, brown the roast on all sides. This helps sear in the juice and flavor.
5. During step 4, place the remaining ingredients in the crock pot.
6. Once the roast is seared on all sides, place the roast into the crock pot and spoon the liquid on top of meat.
7. Cover. Cook on LOW for 4 hours then increase time to HIGH for 2-3 hours or until meat is tender.
8. Take out of cock pot and serve with your side dishes.
Make sure you do not skip the searing part or your roast will not taste as well.
You can add the vegetables to the crock pot if you wish to cook them in there as well but wait until the final 3 hours do this.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (24g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 9 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0.8mg||0 %|
|Sodium 29mg||1 %|
|Potassium 32.5mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.9g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 3.8g|
|Protein 1g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 29
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.