1. Crumble the pork sausage into a medium skillet, and brown over medium heat until fully cooked. Set aside.
2. Finely chop the mushrooms and dice the green onions.
3. Rice the cauliflower.
4. In a small mixing bowl, add the cauliflower, mushrooms, green onions, and cooked sausage, and mix well to make the stuffing.
5. To prepare your artichokes, but off the stem, and use kitchen shears to cut off the spiny tip of each leaf. Pull back all the leaves as much as possible until you get to the center of the artichoke. Pull out the smaller yellow leaves until you get to the heart. Scrape the furry inside of the artichoke out, leaving the heart intact.
6. Wash the artichoke and squeeze lemon juice into the leaves and center.
7. Stuff the center of each artichoke with as much stuffing as possible.
8. Place each stuffed artichoke into the bottom of the slow cooker, and add one cup of water to the bottom of the slow cooker.
9. Cover and cook on high for four hours.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (274g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 163 (65%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.1g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.4g||32 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 43.1mg||13 %|
|Sodium 772mg||27 %|
|Potassium 760.3mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.8g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 7.3g|
|Protein 12.5g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 249
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!