One of my favorite recipes, Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana, is a family favorite. It’s one of those WOW dishes that when you serve it, people cannot believe YOU made it! Note: I’ve used link or crumbled sausage, it really depends on your preference. They will both add flavor and great texture to the soup. Enjoy this as a main dish or a starter. Enjoy!
1. Brown the sausage links in a pan OR cook it in a 300 degree preheated oven on a sheet pan for 25 minutes (or until cooked).
2. Cut links in half lengthwise, then dice into 1/2-inch slices.
3. Place cooked Italian sausage, chicken broth, water, garlic, potatoes and onion in slow cooker.
4. Cover. Cook on High for 3-4 hours until potatoes are cooked and soft.
5. Optional: Mash the potatoes a bit with a potato masher for texture.
6. Turn the crock pot off and add the kale.
7. Return the lid and let sit for 5 minutes.
8. Add whipping cream and serve.
I haven't made this yet but I'll upload some pics and hints when I do
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1132g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 548 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 60.9g||81 %|
|Saturated Fat 25.2g||126 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 23.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.4g|
|Cholesterol 202.2mg||62 %|
|Sodium 54173.9mg||1868 %|
|Potassium 3220.3mg||85 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 59.8g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.3g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 55.5g|
|Protein 71.3g||102 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1069
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.