1. Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove and drain.
2. Add beef cubes and brown well. Place browned cubes in slow cooker.
3. Brown carrot and onion. Season with salt and pepper; stir in flour.
4. Add broth, mix well, then add to slow cooker.
5. Add cooked bacon, tomato paste, garlic, thyme, bay leaf and onions.
6. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours.
7. Saute mushrooms in butter, and add with wine to slow cooker about 1 hour before serving.
To thicken gravy: Turn slow cooker to HIGH. Combine 3 tablespoons flour with 3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine. Stir into stew.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (270g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 228 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 25.3g||34 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.6g||53 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 116.1mg||36 %|
|Sodium 353.6mg||12 %|
|Potassium 512.6mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.3g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 7g|
|Protein 35.5g||51 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 429
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.