1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray large rimmed cookie sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
2) Spray large 6-qt. slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside.
3) Trim brisket of excess fat; rinse, pat dry.
4) In a medium bowl, whisk together the Spice Rub ingredients. Remove 1 tbl. Spice Rub and add to a medium bowl to use in your Homemade BBQ Sauce later. Rub all remaining Spice Rub evenly over all sides of the meat, then place brisket on prepared baking sheet. (You can let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerate up to 24 hours, if desired.) Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 425 degrees to sear meat.
5) Meanwhile, add all of the Homemade BBQ Sauce ingredients to the 1 tbl. reserved Spice Rub and whisk to combine. Remove 1/2 cup BBQ and add to slow cooker, along with water, Worcestershire, soy sauce and beef bouillon. Whisk to combine (the bouillon will not be completely dissolved, but will dissolve during cooking.)
6) Using tongs (so you don't burn yourself), carefully transfer brisket to slow cooker. It will be large, so you will have to squish it in. Not all of it will be under the liquid.
7) Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours, until brisket is very tender, flipping over halfway through cooking. If your brisket is tough, it just needs to cook longer.
8) Remove brisket to the original baking sheet. Brush with BBQ sauce and broil 5-10 minutes, until slightly caramelized. Meanwhile, microwave remaining BBQ sauce until warmed through.
9) Brush brisket again with BBQ sauce and slice across the grain, if desired. Serve with remaining BBQ sauce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (89g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 3 (2%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.3g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 553.3mg||19 %|
|Potassium 334.9mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 37.8g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 36.9g|
|Protein 0.8g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 151
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.