1. In a large skillet cook onions in the olive oil until soft.
2. Add garlic, turmeric, cumin seeds, salt and pepper; cook, stirring for 1 minute.
3. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil, breaking them up as you stir.
4. Add carrots, lentils, lemon juice and broth.
5. Spoon mixture into slow cooker; cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or low for 8-10 hours.
6. Stir in coconut milk and continue cooking on high for 20 minutes, until heated through.
7. Serve topped with fresh cilantro and several dashes of your favorite hot sauce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (447g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 108 (30%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.6g||48 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 435.5mg||15 %|
|Potassium 1002.8mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 47.9g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 19.6g||78 %|
|Sugars, other 28.4g|
|Protein 17.2g||25 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 356
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!