Ingredients for 1 litre (1.2 quart)
1. Pour 3 soupspoons of milk or cream into a pacojet beaker.
2. Cut an end off each of 3 crunchy bar to a length of 3 inches (8cm). Stand the bars upright in a beaker and place in freezer so that bars will freeze to bottom.
3. In meantime prepare ice cream custard (see below). Let stand to cool, or just use a blast chiller if you're an impatient bastard like me.
4. Poor cold custard into the beaker around the bars.
5. Freeze to -8?F/-22?C for 24 hours, then process.
This is how you make the custard!
1. In the meantime heat the milk and heavy cream in a Thermomix until it reaches 90?C, speed 3. Should take about 4 minutes.
2. Mix the egg yolk with the sugar in a bowl. Splosh splosh splosh.
3. Pour the hot milk and cream mixture into the bowl, stirring continuously.
4. Rinse and cool the (empty) Thermomix bowl. Make sure your evil assitant keeps strirring the mess you left behind.
5. Return mixture to thermomix bowl and cook - Speed 3 / 100?C / Cup off / 4-5 minutes - until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon
6. Remove from heat, transfer to bowl and cool in ice bath.
7. Add the cold cream mixture to the crunchy bars in the beaker
8. Fuckers fell over, didn't they? Mixture was too sodding hot, wasn't it?
9. Have your evil assistant hold the bars upright whilst they freeze solid.
You'll need a Pacojet at least, and possibly a Thermomix, AND an evil assistant to complete the receipe.
I made this on 04MAY2011 but I couldn't taste the crunchie bars. Will try next time with 5 bars instead of 3.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (63g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 81 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.5g||28 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 30.5mg||9 %|
|Sodium 46.1mg||2 %|
|Potassium 58.6mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.1g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 14g|
|Protein 1.6g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 141
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!