1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Combine cornmeal, panko bread crumbs, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper, and red pepper in a shallow dish; set aside.
3. Combine buttermilk and egg in a large bowl; stir with a whisk
4. Add okra to buttermilk mixture; toss to coat. Let stand 3 minutes.
5. Dredge okra in cornmeal/crumb mixture.
6. Place okra in a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle remaining salt over the okra.
7. Bake for 30-35 mintues, stirring once, until okra is golden brown and crispy
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (219g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 39 (13%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.3g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 48.8mg||15 %|
|Sodium 1071.9mg||37 %|
|Potassium 586.1mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 57.8g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||32 %|
|Sugars, other 49.8g|
|Protein 10.7g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 301
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.