1. Lay bamboo skewers in a shallow pan and pour cold water over them. Let them soak for about an hour. This is so that they won't burn in the oven later.
2. Combine the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, honey, and sesame oil in a bowl. Stir until the honey disappears. This is the marinade.
3. Pour the marinade into a plastic bag. Add the chicken breasts and close the bag tightly. Gently shake the bag until all the chicken is coated with marinate. Put the bag in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
5. Put the cornflakes in the other plastic bag.use your hands or a rolling pin to crush the cereal. Don't make the pieces too small. Pour the crumbs into a plate or another shallow container.
6. After the chicken has been marinated for 30 minutes, take the bag out of the refrigerator, hold it over the sink, open the bag just a tiny bit, and pour out the marinate.
7. Next, thread the chicken strips onto the skewers. This is sort of like weaving. Holding the pointy part of a skewer and push one end of a chicken strip onto the skewer. Move the chicken strip down a little and then push the skewer through it. Repeat this until you have covered most of the skewer with chicken. Leave enough room on the bottom do you have a 'handle'.
8. Roll the skewered chicken in the cornflake crumbs. Gently lat the the crumbs onto any of the chicken that doesn't get covered.
9. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place the chicken skewers on the foil such that all the handles are in a line. Take another piece of foil and cover the ends of the skewers so they don't burn.
10. Place the sheet in the oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown, for about 10 minutes. Pull the chicken off the skewers with your fingers or eat it straight off the skewer.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (17g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 4 (9%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.4g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 317mg||11 %|
|Potassium 26.9mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.2g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 8.9g|
|Protein 1.2g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 43
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!