1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine flour, sugar, and yeast. Add water and knead with a dough hook for 5-7 minutes until dough is smooth.
2. Cover bowl with towel and allow dough to rest for 15 minutes.
3. Sprinkle dough evenly with salt and knead with dough hook until salt is well incorporated.
4. Cover with towel and set in a warm place until dough is doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
5. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll dough out into a 16x12 inch rectangle. Cut dough in half to create two 8x12 inch rectangles. Starting with the 12 inch side, roll each rectangle up tightly. Flatten out air bubbles as you go and taper off the ends.
6. Place dough on a baking sheet lined with a baking mat or lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
7. Make diagonal slashed across the tops of the loaves. Cover and allow to rise in a warm place for 40 minutes, or until doubled in size.
8. Preheat oven to 375. Mix together egg white and water in a small bowl. Brush over the tops of loaves.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (603g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 30 (3%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.4g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 3562mg||123 %|
|Potassium 507.7mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 239.6g||70 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9.7g||39 %|
|Sugars, other 230g|
|Protein 38g||54 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1164
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!