1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash beans with a fork so that no whole beans are left but the mixture is not mushy and puréed like refried beans. Add cilantro, ketchup, spices, and vegan mayo and mix together.
3. Then add 1 tablespoon cornmeal and mix. If it is still slightly sticky to the touch, add another 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of cornmeal. Try not to exceed 2 tablespoons of cornmeal, as it will dry the patties out.
4. Shape mixture into 4 patties (slightly smaller than a medium size burger) using your hands.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and bake for five minutes more. Make a third time for 5+ minutes. The patties should have a slightly crisp outside, but still be relatively soft, like crab cakes. You also don’t want to over cook or your cakes will dry out.
6. Serve cakes with a dollop of lime creme.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (214g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 15 (5%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.6g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 90mg||3 %|
|Potassium 783.9mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 54.9g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 18.3g||73 %|
|Sugars, other 36.6g|
|Protein 18.6g||27 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 301
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!