1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large Dutch oven, heat 2 teaspoons oil over high heat. Add the sliced onions to the oil and saut?, stirring frequently, until softened and translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and continue to cook until the garlic is aromatic and the onions are just beginning to color, about 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
3. Sprinkle the chicken evenly on both sides with three-fourths teaspoon salt and one-fourth teaspoon pepper and place, skin side up and in one layer, over the onions in the Dutch oven. Add one-fourth cup white wine, cover and bake until the chicken is cooked halfway through, about 45 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, 1 tablespoon oil and chopped onion and sweat the onions over medium-low heat until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Stir in the chopped tomato, tomato sauce, tomato paste and sweet peas, along with the remaining one-half cup white wine, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, one-fourth teaspoon pepper, chile powder and olives and bring to a boil over high heat.
7. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and add to the chicken, mixture in the dutch oven. Cover, return to oven, and continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through and tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Each of 8 servings: 340 calories; 29 grams protein; 14 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams fiber; 17 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat;
Can also finish this on top of the stove instead of in the oven.
Serve with baked brown rice; or rice and black beans
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (41g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1 (3%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2.6mg||0 %|
|Potassium 76.3mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.1g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 3.5g|
|Protein 0.9g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 35
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.