Rich, nutty avocado is a great carrier of flavors, like the fresh herbs and cooling cucumber that star in these fresh rice-paper rolls. The savory dipping sauce features tart, sweet and salty ingredients that mimic an exotic salad dressing—fitting, as these rolls are like a salad that is eaten out of hand.
1. In a small bowl, stir together the lime juice, oil, vinegar, mustard, soy sauce and brown sugar until the sugar dissolves; set aside.
2. Halve, pit and peel the avocados, and then cut them into 1/2-inch dice.
3. Place a wide, shallow bowl of warm water on a work surface. Lay a clean kitchen towel next to the bowl. Dip 1 rice paper round into the water for a few seconds to soften, then lay it flat on the towel. Dip a second round into the water and lay it directly on top of the first one. Using another towel, pat the top of the rice paper dry.
4. Center a lettuce leaf on top of the stacked rice papers. Starting about one-third in from the edge closest to you, arrange a few of the basil and mint leaves in a line across the lettuce. Top with a small row each of the carrot, cucumber and avocado; be careful not to over stuff the roll. Lift the bottom edge of the rice paper up and over the filling and then roll once to form a tight cylinder. Fold in the sides of the rice paper and continue to roll the paper and filling into a tight cylinder. Set aside, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining rice paper and filling ingredients to make 10 rolls.
5. Cut each roll in half crosswise and arrange, cut side up, on a platter. Place the sauce alongside for dipping and serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (40g)|
|Recipe Makes: 20 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 29 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.3g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 7.6mg||0 %|
|Potassium 161.6mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.9g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 2g|
|Protein 0.8g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 43
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!