1. Combine lemon juice, sugar, olive oil, poppy seeds, mustard, garlic, salt, and onion powder in a large bowl. Whisk well until dressing is completely combined.
2. Add cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion to the bowl. Toss to combine.
3. Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!
1. If you would like to make this salad ahead, prepare the dressing in a mason jar and toss the salad with it the day you plan to serve it.Recipe developed by Donna Elick The Slow Roasted Italian
Copyright ©2016 The Slow Roasted Italian – All rights reserved.
Helpful Tips to make Cucumber Tomato Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing:
• Cucumbers have a tendency to release a lot of liquid. To avoid a watery salad you can prep your cukes ahead. Simply, place cucumbers in serving dish. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Pour off the liquid (do not rinse). Do not add more salt. This will be plenty.
• If you would like to make this salad ahead, prepare the dressing in a mason jar and toss the salad with it the day you plan to serve it.
What you will need to make Cucumber Tomato Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing:
• Sharp knife or mandolin – A sharp knife or mandolin is always a necessity when slicing cucumbers.
• Cutting board – A high quality cutting board comes in handy when prepping this salad.
• Mixing bowls – Combine all of the ingredients for this salad in a large mixing bowl.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (451g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Recipe|
|Calories from Fat: 305 (79%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 33.9g||45 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.5g||33 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 21.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.5g|
|Cholesterol 11.2mg||3 %|
|Sodium 120.1mg||4 %|
|Potassium 896.8mg||24 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.3g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 17.2g|
|Protein 4.6g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 386
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!