1. For the chicken, mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
2. With a sharp knife, carefully slash the chicken legs two or three times down to the bone. Rub the marinade into the chicken, massaging into the meat.
3. Place the chiken in the fridge over night.
4. Preheat the oven to 200C.
5. Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Remove the chicken from the marinade, letting the excess drip off, but do not wipe clean. Pour a little olive oil onto the griddle pan then add the chicken, skin side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown and scored with brown griddle marks.
6. Transfer to a roasting tin and place in the ovenfor 25-30 minutes, or until completely cooked through. Test the chicken is cooked by pushinga skewer into the thigh meat - if the juices run clear the chicken is cooked.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to rest foe 5-10 minutes.
8. For the cucumber salad, cut the cucumber into halves lengthways and scoop out the watery seeds.
9. Cut the cucumber into wedges and place in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and tosstogether to coat. Season to taste with more lemon juice or salt and freshly ground black pepper.
10. To serve, carve the chicken into eight pieces (legs, thighs and breasts). Place the cucumber salad into a pile on a plate and a bit of chicken alongside. Serve with crusty bread or a cus cous salad.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (443g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 30 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.4g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 4.3mg||1 %|
|Sodium 94.3mg||3 %|
|Potassium 373.7mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.6g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 11.1g|
|Protein 5.1g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 89
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.