1. Heat broiler with an oven rack placed 3 inches below heat source.
2. Using a mortar and pestle or the flat side of a knife, make a paste with garlic and a pinch of salt. Put half the garlic paste in a large bowl and add lamb, 1 teaspoon of the salt, cumin, hot sauce, pepper, chile powder, scallion and 1 tablespoon parsley. Mix to combine.
3. Shape lamb mixture into 1 1/2-inch meatballs and place on an oiled rimmed baking sheet. Make sure meatballs are spaced at least 1 inch apart. Transfer baking sheet to oven and broil meatballs for 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned on top and slightly pink on the inside.
4. Meanwhile, combine yogurt, tahini, remaining garlic paste,1/4 teaspoon salt and the lemon juice to taste.
5. Transfer cooked meatballs to a serving platter or individual plates and serve with tahini sauce and extra hot sauce, if you like. Garnish with the remaining parsley.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (187g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 420 (79%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 46.6g||62 %|
|Saturated Fat 20.1g||100 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 17.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.2g|
|Cholesterol 113.7mg||35 %|
|Sodium 339.3mg||12 %|
|Potassium 427.3mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.8g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 5.7g|
|Protein 22.7g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 533
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!