- cut chicken into bite sized pieces
- in a large sauce pan, heat oil on medium heat.
- add the ginger, garlic, tomato and curry powder - fry 1 min
- add the chicken pieces, salt and yogurt and cook for 20 mins
- add the potatoes and cook until potatoes and meat are tender - about 25 minutes
- add the crispy fried onions, chili powder, garam masala, chopped cilantro and saffron
- let simmer for 5 minutes before serving
* adapted from Tahera Rawji's book "Simply Indian"
* crispy fried onions can be found in packages in East Indian grocery stores or
deep fry thin circles in oil until they turn golden brown, drain on paper towel
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (522g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 395 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 43.9g||59 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.7g||63 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 18.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.4g|
|Cholesterol 246mg||76 %|
|Sodium 687.5mg||24 %|
|Potassium 1487mg||39 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.7g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 33.9g|
|Protein 58.9g||84 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 796
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!