1. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook until the onion has turned golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in cumin, coriander, curry, kosher salt, black pepper, and chili powder. Cook and stir 2 minutes more until the spices are fragrant.
2. Slowly add chicken broth, lentils, and carrot. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the lentils are soft- about 40 minutes.
3. Use a stick blender and partially puree the soup in the pan for a more creamy texture.
4. Garnish with fresh chopped coriander.
5. Serve with home made roti and tandori chicken. Mmmmm....
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (344g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 108 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.9g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 960.1mg||33 %|
|Potassium 926.4mg||24 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 41.8g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 19.7g||79 %|
|Sugars, other 22.1g|
|Protein 18g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 342
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.