Can be made with any meat.
Source: My mum.
1. Peel onions and garlic cloves. Chop the onion into slices and grate the garlic cloves.
2. Put oil into the pan and a flat tablespoon of cumin seeds, after about a minute add the onions and garlic. Keep the heat low so that the onions and garlic do not get burnt.
3. While slowly increasing the heat and mixing the onions so they fry and brown evenly, chop the finger chillies and grate the ginger. When the onions are softening add the chilies and ginger. Fry all together for 10-15 minutes. If onions are getting stuck add water.
4. When onions are browned add 300g of chopped tomatoes and mix. Then add 5g turmeric, 5g salt, and 6g garaam masala and regularly mix on a medium to low heat.
5. Chop the chicken up. Keep checking on the pan and mush up the onions if you feel it is needed. You want the mixture to start sticking but you do not want it to burn. Add a heaped spoon of curry paste.
6. Chop up the coriander. Then add the chicken to the mixture and add half a cup of cold water. Then mix well and put a lid on the saucepan. When the curry starts to bubble lower the heat so it only simmers.
7. Leave it for 20 minutes, half way through stirring it to keep it mixed.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (429g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 321 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 35.7g||48 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.7g||49 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.2g|
|Cholesterol 162.5mg||50 %|
|Sodium 499.7mg||17 %|
|Potassium 1058.7mg||28 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.8g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 15.4g|
|Protein 43.5g||62 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 572
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!