1. Place oil and sugar into a Caldero, Dutch oven, or similar. Place on medium heat.
2. Place Chicken (bone in is recommended for flavor) in a metal bowl and wash thoroughly with lemon juice from both lemons.
3. Using tongs, place the chicken pieces on the oil and stir fry with a metal spoon for approximately 20 minutes on medium-high heat until golden brown and thoroughly cooked. Check to make sure it is cooked by cutting through with your stirring spoon.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to a boil. Salt to taste.
5. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
6. Uncover and let the sauce thicken to desired consistency. If desired, chopped potatoes may be added to achieve consistency without over cooking the vegetables.
7. Serve with White Rice and Black Beans or with Yellow Rice and Pigeon Peas.
Make sure you cook the chicken thoroughly before putting in the rest of the ingredients. After all the ingredients are added, the longer you cook covered at low heat, the more tender the meat will be. This is preferred as it will fall right off the bone.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (734g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 599 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 66.5g||89 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.9g||79 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 34.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12.3g|
|Cholesterol 241.5mg||74 %|
|Sodium 1271.7mg||44 %|
|Potassium 1369.9mg||36 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.8g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.7g||27 %|
|Sugars, other 27.1g|
|Protein 55.2g||79 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 939
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.