1. Combine all Daals and wash thoroughly. Soak for 30 minutes.
2. Drain soaking water and add soaked Daals to a pressure cooker.
3. Add 1 tsp Salt, 4 cups Water and pressure cook for 1 whistle. Switch off stove and do not open cooker until internal pressure is gone.
4. Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp Oil and 1/2 Tbsp Ghee in a pan on medium heat.
5. Add Bay leaf, Dry Red Chili, and Cumin Seeds. Allow Cumin Seeds to sizzle.
6. Add Cloves, Black Peppercorns, Asafoetida and Turmeric Powder. Mix.
7. Immediately add Onions and a little Salt. Mix well and cook for 1-2 mins.
8. Add Garlic, Ginger and Green Chilies and cook for 2-3 minutes.
9. Add pureed Tomatoes and cook until oil separates from the mixture.
10. Add Coriander Powder, Garam Masala, Cumin Powder and Red Chili Powder. Mix and cook for 1 minute.
11. Add cooked Daals and mix well.
12. Add 3-4 cups of Water allow Daal to come to a boil.
13. Garnish with Lime/Lemon Juice and Cilantro.
14. For additional seasoning, heat 1 to 2 tsp of Ghee in a small skillet, just until warm
15. Add Red Chili Powder, mix and add to top of prepared Daal.
16. Serve hot with Bati, Rice or Chapati.
1. Sift the Flour, Baking Soda and Salt.
2. Add Carom Seeds and mix
3. Add Oil ,Ghee and incorporate into the Flour.
4. Knead for 2-3 minutes.
5. Drizzle a few drops of Oil, rub and cover the dough.
6. Allow the Dough to rest for 15 minutes.
7. Make golf-sized round balls.
8. Boil water in a large pan and drop the baatis into the boiling water. Cook for 15 minutes over a high flame. Drain and keep aside.
9. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F/ approx 180 degrees C.
10. Transfer the baatis into a baking tray or pizza stone.
11. Bake for 15 min, turn and bake for another 10 min.
12. Once done brush the baatis with ghee and keep them warm until ready to use.
13. Crumble the hot baati in a plate. Pour Dal on it. Serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (545g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 616 (72%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 68.5g||91 %|
|Saturated Fat 21.9g||110 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 18.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 23.9g|
|Cholesterol 68.4mg||21 %|
|Sodium 232.6mg||8 %|
|Potassium 640.9mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 56.6g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11.6g||47 %|
|Sugars, other 45g|
|Protein 11.8g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 851
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.