1. Sweat the shallots with the salt, olive oil, and brown sugar over medium low heat.
2. After 2 minutes, add the white wine and simmer another 10 minutes until very soft.
3. Add the dates, sherry vinegar, and water. Bring to a simmer.
4. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated and it has reached paste like consistency. Reduce the heat as it starts to dry out and stir more often to prevent burning.
5. Store in airtight container in the fridge for use on sandwiches, in sauces, etc.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (29g)|
|Recipe Makes: 20 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 3 (7%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.4g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 16.3mg||1 %|
|Potassium 92.5mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.1g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 9.3g|
|Protein 0.3g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 41
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!