- Set oven to Gas Mark 3, 325*. Grease & line 2lb/1kg loaf tin
- Put the margarine, dates, sugar, salt & bicarbonate of soda together in a bowl and pour over the boiling water
- Allow mixture to cool a little, stirring to help the margarine melt.
- Add the walnuts, beaten egg, flour & vanilla extract, mix all ingredients well together.
- Pour mixture into loaf tin and bake for 1.25 - 1.5 hours
- Leave loaf in tin for 15 mins, then turn it out onto wire rack to cool
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (86g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 92 (30%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.3g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 587.5mg||20 %|
|Potassium 263mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 50.3g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 46.7g|
|Protein 5.3g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Calories per serving: 303
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!