Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prep: Spray pans with non-stick spray (even silicone!)
1. Whisk Flour, Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Baking Soda & Salt together.
2. Whisk Water, Vegetable Oil, Vinegar and Vanilla together.
3. Combine all ingredients and whisk gently.
4. Divide batter evenly between cake pans.
5. Bake 30 - 35 minutes until a toothpick comes out with a few wet crumbs.
6. Cool cakes in pans on wire racks for 8 - 10 minutes.
7. Unmold cakes onto wire racks to cool completely.
8. Level layers if needed or even out height with extra/less frosting in next step.
9. Frost between the layers with 1/4 - 1/2 inch of frosting.
10. Place the top layer above the bottom and apply a crumb coat of frosting.
11. Chill for 30 - 60 minutes in fridge until frosting is firm.
12. Apply frosting as desired with piping bag or spatula.
Chilling the cake on wire racks is necessary for an easy to frost, moist but firm cake that doesn't fall apart when working with the layers. For an additional touch you can slice each layer into two to make four layers and end up having a more moist cake with evenly distributed frosting.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (156g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 360 (69%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 40g||53 %|
|Saturated Fat 20.2g||101 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.7g|
|Cholesterol 81.3mg||25 %|
|Sodium 9545.2mg||329 %|
|Potassium 48.4mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 41.6g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 41.4g|
|Protein 0.6g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 519
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!