1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line muffin cups with paper muffin liners or grease muffin cups (easy with cooking spray)
2. Put 1/4 cup of orange juice with raisins in a microwavable container and heat for 45 seconds and keep covered until ready to use.
3. In a medium bowl, combine egg, orange zest, 1/4 cup of orange juice, milk and vegetable oil. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
4. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until moistened; fold in cooled raisins in juice. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups (i used an ice cream scoop which is perfect)
At this point you can add larger crystals of sugar on the top if you like sweeter muffins.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (96g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 44 (21%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.9g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 18.4mg||6 %|
|Sodium 262.5mg||9 %|
|Potassium 264.1mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.4g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 36.5g|
|Protein 3.8g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 205
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.