1. Mix and wash the dal, soak in water, set aside.
2. Slice ginger, put salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and green chilli in the same bowl.
3. Add ghee to pressure cooker
4. Drain water from dal.
5. Once ghee is hot, add dal, roast for 2-3 mins
6. Add in ginger, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and green chilli. Mix well.
7. Add water, cover and allow to cook for 3 whistles.
1. Heat oil, ghee in a kadhai
2. Chop ginger, garlic, onion. Put ginger and garlic in the same bowl, and onions separately.
3. Add cumin seeds, ginger and garlic, to kadhai, saute till fragrant.
4. Add onions and saute till translucent. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes, till the rawness of the spices is gone.
5. Add the boiled dal to this tempering and allow to cook for simmer for 3-4 minutes
1. Heat ghee and oil in a pan
2. Slice garlic, put in a bowl
3. Put whole dry red chilli, kashmiri red chilli powder and hing in the same bowl
4. Cook until it splutters
5. Pour the prepared tempering into the dal
6. Pour the prepared dal into a serving dish, garnish with coriander leaves.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (981g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2047 (94%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 227.5g||303 %|
|Saturated Fat 61.5g||308 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 61.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 91.6g|
|Cholesterol 167.6mg||52 %|
|Sodium 539.1mg||19 %|
|Potassium 1144.7mg||30 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 43g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.4g||25 %|
|Sugars, other 36.6g|
|Protein 6.9g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2187
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!