Paleo side dish
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic, onions, celery, and gree pepper. Saute until soft.
2. Stir in cauliflower rice, adding in thyme, bay leaf, cayenne, and cumin.
3. Meanwhile, brown sausage in a separate skillet. Strain off excess fat, and add sausage to rice.
4. In a medium sauce pot, cover giblets and half of the green onions with water and cook over medium heat about 30 minutes. Strain and allow to cool, then chop into small pieces.
5. Combine giblets and remaining green onions with rice mixture, adding the chicken stock.
6. Allow to simmer over medium low heat, stirring frequently, for 30 minutes or so until the flavors meld and the liquid has cooked off.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (366g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 144 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16g||21 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.7g||24 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 131mg||40 %|
|Sodium 528.7mg||18 %|
|Potassium 663.1mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 12.2g|
|Protein 18.5g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 278
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.