1. Cut up chicken into pieces. Place in a bowl. Pour buttermilk over chicken. Marinate for 2 hours.
2. In another bowl combine flour, parsley, salt, thyme, and pepper.
3. Remove chicken from buttermilk.
4. Pour buttermilk from marinating chicken in a shallow baking dish.
5. Roll chicken in flour mixture.
6. Heat shortening and butter in a heavy skillet.
7. Brown chicken pieces on all sides, a few at a time, over medium high heat.
8. Place chicken pieces on top of buttermilk in baking dish.
9. Add chicken broth to skillet. Scrape up brownings. Strain and pour around chicken in baking dish.
10. Bake chicken uncovered at 375 degrees until crisp and tender, about 50 minutes.
11. Bake biscuits as indicated along with chicken for the last 20 minutes of cooking time. Serve with the chicken.
1. Mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
2. Stir in butter and fat.
3. Add buttermilk to make a stiff dough.
4. Knead lightly.
5. Roll out on a floured board.
6. Cut into small rounds.
7 Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (671g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1130 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 125.6g||167 %|
|Saturated Fat 55.2g||276 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 46.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 15.2g|
|Cholesterol 375.7mg||116 %|
|Sodium 2252.1mg||78 %|
|Potassium 1012.3mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 136.3g||40 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 131.4g|
|Protein 76.5g||109 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1995
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!