1) Grease a loaf tin, and preheat an oven to 180c or 160c fan oven.
2) Carefully cut off the crusts off the brioche and dispose of. Then break the bread up into small pieces into a mixing bowl.
3) Add the milk to the bowl and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
4) Beat the bread and milk with a fork , whilst getting as much air into it as possible. It should be a smooth mixture.
5) Then mix the sultanas, suet, egg, brown sugar and mixed spice to the mixture. Ensure that it is well combined.
6) Cautiously, pour the mixture into the loaf tin and level out.
7) Put into the preheated over for an hour and a half.
8) Whilst the loaf is still warm, sprinkled the granulated sugar over the top.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (100%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0.5mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0.7mg||0 %|
|Potassium 1.3mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.