1. Rinse grape leaves under cold water; drain and pat dry with paper towels. Remove stems, and discard.
2. Combine beef and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Spoon 2 tablespoons beef mixture onto center of each grape leaf. Bring 2 opposite points of leaf to center, and fold over filling. Beginning at 1 short side, roll up leaf tightly, jelly-roll fashion. Repeat procedure with remaining grape leaves.
3. Place stuffed grape leaves close together, seam sides down, in a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray. Add broth and oil; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a serving platter, and keep warm until ready to serve.
4. Prepare Avgolemono Sauce. Serve dolmathes with Avgolemono Sauce, and garnish with chopped mint or parsley, if desired.
For Avogolemono Sauce:
1. Place egg and lemon juice i a blender; process until egg is well beaten.
2. Place chicken broth in a 1-cup glass measure; microwave at HIGH 30 seconds or until hot. Remove center piece of blender lid; with blender on, gradually add hot broth to egg mixture. Process until blended.
3. Pour mixture into a small saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly with a whisk, 2 minutes or until slightly thick (do not boil.) Stir in parsley and mint.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (89g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 114 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.7g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.8g||24 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 86.7mg||27 %|
|Sodium 62.1mg||2 %|
|Potassium 242.9mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.5g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.4g|
|Protein 15.1g||22 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 180
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!