1. Mix Marinade in a large bowl. Add chicken and mix to coat well.
2. Cover and marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours, 24 hours is ideal. If only 3 hours, add an extra 1/2 tsp salt.
3. Preheat oven to 220C / 430F (standard) or 200C / 390F (fan / convection).
4. Choose a pan of a size such that the skewers will stay propped up on the pan walls (see photos in post or video) and the chicken will be elevated off the base. Line with foil.
5. Remove chicken from fridge. Divide the chicken into 2 piles.
6. Take one piece of chicken, fold in half then thread onto two skewers (see video). Repeat and push the chicken snugly up against each other. Repeat with other skewer.
7. Prop the 2 skewers on the edges of the baking pan. Drizzle surface with oil.
8. Bake for 35 minutes or until the surface is golden with some charred bits (char is good!).
Spoon the pan juices over the chicken. Then turn, drizzle with oil and bake for 20 minutes (or 25 - 30 minutes if you had large thighs). If you need / want more colour, switch to grill/broil for a few minutes on high - I don't do this.
9. Baste again with pan juices and stand for 5 minutes.
10. Carving: Stand the skewers upright or on an angle, and slice meat fairly thinly. Use to make Doner Kebabs or Kebab Plates.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (1323g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 118 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.1g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.7g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 14.7mg||5 %|
|Sodium 223.5mg||8 %|
|Potassium 1282.3mg||34 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 35.6g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 30g|
|Protein 17.2g||25 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 306
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!