1) In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients for the marinade. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture has reduced by half. You should have just over a cup of marinade. Chill the marinade completely.
2) Transfer the sliced beef to a gallon sized zip top bag and pour in the marinade. Massage the marinade into the meat and refrigerate for 8-12 hours, or overnight.
3) Preheat your smoker or oven to approximately 170 degrees.
4) Remove the meat from the marinade and dry each strip thoroughly by laying on paper towels. Transfer the strips to the grill grate, jerky rack, or cooling rack and smoke/cook for 2-3 hours (depending on the thickness of your slices, some thicker pieces can take 4-5 hours). Check often after the first hour to be sure your jerky is drying evenly. You are looking for jerky that is firm and still slightly pliable, but not soft. If you bend your jerky and it breaks, you've cooked it a little too long.
5) Place the finished jerky in a gallon ziplock bag while it is still warm. Don't seal closed all the way. The jerky will steam in the bag slightly and this step will make the jerky moist. The jerky will last 3-4 days on the counter or 2 weeks in the fridge.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (520g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 246 (44%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 27.4g||36 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.7g||54 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 140.6mg||43 %|
|Sodium 2005.9mg||69 %|
|Potassium 838.1mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 30.6g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 30.3g|
|Protein 46.9g||67 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 564
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!