Everyday ketchup has GMO-tomatoes and High Fructose Corn Syrup. A sewer-like combo of everything nasty in our food today. So get out of the sewer and into your dreamboat with this sensible organic ketchup instead. Delicious for a nautical mile, and with all the benefits of lycopene and none of the contaminants. Hop on the ketchup dreamboat today!
1. Process all ingredients in advance as required.
2. Heat oil in medium to large saucepan, add onion, garlic and salt, cook on medium heat for 6 - 8 minutes.
3. Add to same saucepan the pureed tomatoes and tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, and chili powder.
4. Bring to boil (watch out, tomatoes love to spurt all over the stove during cooking).
5. Then cover and simmer on low heat for 25 minutes, stirring frequently to keep from scorching.
6. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
NOTE: If the texture is inconsistent and it's a little chunky unlike regular ketchup, then that means it's real food and you've made it well.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (22g)|
|Recipe Makes: 30 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1 (17%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 1.4mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1.5mg||0 %|
|Potassium 43.1mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.1g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 0.8g|
|Protein 0.2g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 6
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.