Y'all this chicken is so good it'll make a bulldog break its chain! Don't be discouraged by the beer, once you put the bird on the grill, the heat will turn all that alcohol to steam, so you don't even taste the beer. All ya taste is that juicy, tender, smokey goodness! Y'all have got to try it, you will fall in love.
1. Remove all giblets from inside the fryer and rinse out the cavity.
2. Combine all the seasonings to make a rub.
3. Rub vegetable/olive oil over the entire chicken; rub the seasoning mixture generously inside and outside of the chicken.
4. Place in a baking dish and refrigerate while you fire up the grill.
1. Prep the grill for cooking at medium heat (350-450F).
2. Open the beer can and pour out 1/3 - 1/2 of the beer.
3. Remove chicken from fridge and place beer can on a flat surface.
4. Slide the can into the bottom of chicken.
5. Carefully place the chicken-on-a-can on the grill, keeping the can upright. Balance the chicken on its two legs and the can so it does not tip over.
6. Grill over medium heat with lid closed until juices run clear and the internal temp reaches 160-165F in the thickest part of the thigh (approx. 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours).
7. Wearing barbecue mitts, carefully remove the chicken-on-a-can from the grill. Be careful not to spill the beer-it will be hot!
8. Let the chicken cool for 5-10 mins (the internal temp will rise 5-10 degrees).
9. Discard the beer; cut chicken into serving pieces.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (213g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 218 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 24.2g||32 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.6g||33 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.3g|
|Cholesterol 113.4mg||35 %|
|Sodium 109.1mg||4 %|
|Potassium 319.7mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.1g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 2.9g|
|Protein 28.6g||41 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 367
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.