1. Boil the pasta in boiling salted water with the bay leaves. Drain and discard the bay leaves. Rinse the noodles to rid them of excess starch. Leave to drain.
2. Meanwhile, fry the chorizo in a frying pan. When it begins to brown, add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic, then continue to cook until the vegetables are softened.
3. Add the chunky tomato sauce, stock, cumin, chili, and oregano and remove from the heat.
4. Toss the pasta with the hot sauce, then transfer to an ovenproof dish. Cover with a layer of the grated cheese.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes until the top is lightly browned and the pasta is heated through. Serve immediately, sprinkled with the chopped fresh cilantro.
If you're hurting for time, it works just as well to throw all the ingredients into the pot together and serve without baking. Just simmer the pasta (cooked) in the chorizo mixture for a few minutes, then add the cheese and cilantro.
You can use either smoke chorizo sausages or uncooked. If using smoked, cut the sausages into rounds and cook. If using uncooked, fry as you would taco filling.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (381g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 166 (30%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.5g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.6g||33 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 39.6mg||12 %|
|Sodium 1231.1mg||42 %|
|Potassium 614.1mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 85.1g||25 %|
|Dietary Fiber 13.4g||54 %|
|Sugars, other 71.7g|
|Protein 23.9g||34 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 555
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!