- Weight duck breasts in grams and record
- Pour a layer of salt to cover the bottom of a Tupperwear container
- Place the breasts, meat side down, making sure they don't touch
- Cover the top with salt, doesn't need to be completely covered but salt should make contact with all sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for 19 hours
- Remove, rinse thoroughly and pat dry (the meat should have firmed and darkened)
- Dust each breast with 1 tablespoon of garam marsala, wrap in cheesecloth and truss with butcher's twine
- Add a tag that shows the pre-salt weight and hang in a cool, humid place (ideally 75% humidity and 55-60F)
- The duck breast needs to loose 30% of its weight (weight after 5 days, but may take up to 10 days to full cure)
- They should be firm, not squishy, but still pliable (check for mold and if found, discard)
- Serve thinly sliced alongside good cheese and bread
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (683g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 523 (71%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 58.1g||77 %|
|Saturated Fat 23.5g||118 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 22.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.2g|
|Cholesterol 260.8mg||80 %|
|Sodium 125807.2mg||4338 %|
|Potassium 830.9mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 2.9g|
|Protein 49g||70 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 739
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.