1. Place your Immersion Circulator on your desired cooking vessel and preheat a water bath to 1 SS^F / 57.2?C.
2. Score the duck skin in a cross hatch pattern. Take care not to cut too deep. The uts need only to break the skin. This will help excess fat to render out from the breast during the cooking and searing steps, it will also help the breast to maintain its shape as it cooks.
3. Place the duck breast, butter and thyme in a vacuum pouch and vacuum seal it.
4. Place the vacuum pouch in the water bath and cook the duck breast for 2 hours and 54 minutes to pasteurize it to the core.
5. Once the cooking time has elapsed, remove the vacuum pouch from the water bath and dry the duck breast completely. Season the duck breast with kosher salt.
6. To sear the duck breast, preheat a pan over medium-high heat. When you feel a strong radiant heal from the pan, add a thin film of oil to the pan. When the oil begins to "shimmer" or look watery, carefully place the duck breast in the pan.
Once you begin to see a dark brown form around the bottom of the breast and the skin has crisped to your liking, flip the breast over and cook the underside for thirty seconds.
7. Remove the duck from the pan and allow it to rest for a moment before slicing and serving.
You will need more than one serving, porobably/.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (15g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 108 (100%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.2g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.7g||39 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 32.2mg||10 %|
|Sodium 1.6mg||0 %|
|Potassium 3.6mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0.1g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 108
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!