1. Mix the flour and water in a food processor until incorporates.
2. Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth.
3. Cover the dough with a damp cloth while you let it rest for 30 minutes.
4. Roll the dough into long cylinders about 1 1/2 inches thick and cut the cylinders into 1/2 inch pieces.
5. Flatted the pieces with the palm of your hand forming discs and then rolled them out to about 2 inch diameter.
6. Mix the pork, shrimp, cabbage, green onions, bamboo shoots, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, and cornstarch.
7. Place a small spoonful of the filling in the center of the wrapper, fold the two sides over the center and pleat the edges to seal the filling in.
8. Heat some oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, add the dumplings and fry until their bottoms are golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
9. Carefully add 1/2 cup of water, cover and steam until the water has disappeared, about 3-5 minutes.
10. Uncover had cook for another 2 minutes over medium low heat.
8. Place the dumplings on the well greased surface of the steamer, or on cabbage leaves and steam until cooked, about 6 minutes.
8. Boil the dumplings until they float to the surface, about 3-5 minutes.
Garlic Chili Sauce
(makes 1/4 cup)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 birds eye chili (thinly sliced)
1 green onion (thinly sliced)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon chili oil
1. Mix everything.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (94g)|
|Recipe Makes: 21 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 13 (22%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.4g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 18.7mg||6 %|
|Sodium 3547.3mg||122 %|
|Potassium 208.9mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.7g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 4.4g|
|Protein 7.2g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 59
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.