1. to 12 hours before you want to make the cake: Combine the whole wheatpastry flour (or spelt) with the coconut milk, water, and vinegar in a largemixing bowl. Mix well until thoroughly moistened. Cover bowl with a kitchentowel and/or plastic wrap. Set aside to ?soak? at room temperature for 8+hours (12 or more is even better).
2. After ?soaking? period ? making the cake: Preheat oven to 350F. Greaseand lightly flour to 8 or 9-inch cake pans. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, using a hand-held or stand mixer, beat the eggs ?followed by the sugar, oil, vanilla, salt, baking powder, baking soda, andcoconut flour.
4. Add the ?soaked? flour batter to the mixing bowl and beat well untilthoroughly combined.
5. Divide batter between the two baking pans. Gently tap pans on the counterto remove air bubbles.
6. Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick insertedin the center of cakes come out clean.
7. Transfer pans to cooling rack for 10 minutes.
8. Gently turn over pans and transfer cakes directly to cooling racks tocool completely before frosting.
9. Frost with ?Fluffy? Buttery Cream Cheese Frosting or your favoritefrosting and top with shredded coconut if desired.
Web Page: http://www.cookinggodsway.com/easter-day-coconut-cake/
Author Note: This coconut cake is very moist and full of coconut flavor.Perfect for Easter Day when topped with a generous layer of ?Fluffy? ButteryCream-Cheese Frosting and sprinkled with shredded coconut on top. Yummm!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (0g)|
|Recipe Makes: -1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!